Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Jenn and Dave... Destination Wedding from LA to Gills Rock.

I know Jenn's Mom.
I know Jenn's Dad.
Jenn.... I've vaguely and remotely watched her mature, and rung bells with her her through her early 20's into her early 30's. 
Another story altogether.
When someone recommended me as the stylist, she questioned "Bells, Angie?!?".
I'm always nervous about the first meeting with a bride... what's the personality?  I'm easy going and adaptable, what if she's not... and the groom?  
We clicked right away.  After a bit, it was very clear to me that the groom really wanted to be as much a part of this wedding and had some wonderfully creative ideas as well.  Their vision and the setting of the wedding is one I will never forget, and one I was thrilled to be a part of.
Tucked away in the woods.  A beautiful, beautiful log home, ceremony up a long path through the woods, eventually being seated in the most remote spot in Door County, most of us will never see.
 What I did not expect was just how talented Jennefer was.  I let her "borrow" this frame.  The lettering you see is all Jenn. 
 This was a wonderful idea.... after the ceremony, the guests are waiting and milling around while pictures are being taken.  Here you would take a polaroid of yourself, tape it into the guest book and sign it with good advice for a newly wedded couple.

 This was where the ceremony took place.  The altar back drop was actually the front of an old hunting shed that they were tearing down to get ready for the wedding, when Jenn said, "hmmm...".  Perfect.
The shepherd hooks held glass orbs with candles inside hanging from ribbons and flowers adorning the center.

Here you can see the layout of dinner.
Now, the truly important part... the real deal.






I will say, as the worker bee I was caught off guard when the toasts were being made.
Jenn's sister, Amy...  I had to stop picking up used glasses and just sit back and listen.
I'm not sure if you know that when you are young, have a sister and it's Christmas Eve... "you need more makeup because Santa is coming".
Amy had me, and the guests so tickled that at one point almost every guest was bent over laughing.
As a "behind the scenes person" it's a treasure to stop in your tracks and take notice.

Sigh.
How lucky am I... love, romance, family, food, decor, friends and loved ones in Door Coutny?
It doesn't get better.
I will never forget this one.
Photos by Braden Moran, Kay McKinley and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!